Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Kickin' It Old School

It wasn't til a couple years ago that I started getting into vintage, and it as a little while after that that I started to think, "Well, maybe my own family has some pretty cool vintage pieces".  Unfortunately, my mom didn't keep anything from when she was younger (although looking at the pictures, I wish she would have!), so I started asking my grandparents.  My grandma has cases full of old jewelry, many of which I've already added to my collection.  But it is this shirt, that belonged to my Grandpa Frank, that I really love.  I've had it in my closet for awhile, and while looking for something to wear today, this shirt was calling my name!

It's his old bowling shirt, his name hand-stitched on the front, and the bowling alley embroidered on the back.  I always love finding vintage pieces like this, as you know it once belonged to someone special, and this shirt is especially meaningful to me because it was my grandfather's :)

Shirt: Vintage
Tank: Express
Jeans: American Eagle
Flats: Nine West
Necklace: American Eagle, personal jewelry
Watch: Michael Kors
Rings: Personal, Tiffany Atlas & Paloma's Venezia Palina ring
Sunglasses: Ray Bans






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...