Friday, April 20, 2012

"Oh, You Gonna Take Me Home Tonight...Oh, Down Beside That Red Firelight"

I have finally caved.  For months I've seen the colored jeans trend splashed across the pages of fashion magazines and websites, and while I've always been intrigued, I've held off hopping on the band wagon.  I love how they look on others, but I was fearful about how they would look on me, plus I was a little perplexed as to what I would actually wear with them.

But yesterday, on one of my random trips to American Eagle (pretty much the only store I can find jeans that fit me!), I decided to try on a pair and see what all the fuss was about.  And I'm here to tell you, ladies and gentleman...I'm hooked!  These colors are so much fun, and, as I've said many times before, add that POP of color some outfits are just screaming for.  For those of you wanting to try this trend, I say dive in. I highly recommend American Eagle versions--they have tons of colors available (I bought red and light yellow), they fit great, and they're extremely reasonable priced.  Whenever I'm leery about trying out a trend, I make sure that I'm not spending a lot of money on it, because, as the lovely Heidi Klum says on Project Runway, "One day you're in...and the next, you're out!"

Shirt: Elle from Kohls
Necklace: My personal jewelry (pendant purchased in Paris)
Jeans: American Eagle
Bracelets: The Limited, Vintage, Tiffany & Co (Venetian Link; Return to Tiffany Heart Tag Charm Bracelet) , Ralph Lauren (Macys)
Watch: Michael Kors
Rings: Tiffany & Co (Paloma's Venezia Palina ring; Atlas ring-no longer available)
Wedges: Coach 






*Lyrics: Fat Bottom Girls-Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...