Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Viva Las Vegas

Greetings from the fabulously warm Las Vegas!!!  Sorry it's taken me so long to post, but I know some of you have been checking in, so I figured I'd post a little update.  This week I'm on Spring Break, although "Spring Break" in grad school is anything but the much anticipated undergrad Spring Break!  I had a professor once tell us that grad students don't get breaks, which is why I'm currently sitting at a table on UNLV's campus, writing an annotated bibliography, with a window view of the Palazzo, Wynn and Stratosphere, instead of drinking a daiquiri watching the Bellagio fountains!  Let me tell you, the sacrifices we make--lol!

Today is March 6, meaning I am THREE DAYS away from successfully completing my two month "Closet Challenge".  I'm not going to lie and say it's been hard work, cause honestly, I could probably go another month.  But with the weather starting to get a little warmer, and me running out of new dresses to wear, I think it's about time to say "Mission Accomplished" on the challenge, and move on to finding new ways to create different outfits.

Anyways....I flew out to Vegas last Thursday night--It had been almost a month and a half since I've seen Andy, and it was a much needed "vacation", even if I still have to do work.  This was the first time ever I have taken a carry-on suitcase (usually I use a Nike duffle bag, because I can shove a lot of clothes in it!!), but I decided to go with ease of use this time, and it was definitely difficult trying to fit a week's worth of outfits into a tiny suitcase!  I think almost all girls have this issue--you want options, especially when going on vacation, but with the increase prices of having to check bags, many of us have chosen to try and fit everything into a carry-on.  This has caused me to be creative with my outfits, such as packing one pair of jeans that I know will go with everything and coordinating two shoes so that I am able to wear them with whichever outfit I choose.  Also, always wearing the biggest stuff on the airplane, I've learned, saves a tremendous amount of packing space!  For instance, I chose to wear a black/white striped blazer (new from Forever 21--I love it!!), pair of jeans, tank, Coach boots and a scarf.  This way, I save the space of having to pack jeans and boots (which take up a lot of space)!  Also, and here's just a little traveling tip from me to you--ALWAYS travel with a scarf (or pashmina)--they are the perfect traveling accessory, and can be used to keep you warm on the plane, or even used as a blanket/pillow if need be!  I never travel without one!

I haven't exactly done a good job of taking pictures of my outfits while being out here (sorry everyone), but I have been having fun taking some scenery shots.  Here's some from Andy & mine's night out Friday night.  We didn't really have any plans, and just kind of went with the flow, and have a great evening.  Oh, and here's another suggestion for any of you who might be traveling to Las Vegas soon--be sure to check out Happy Hour at Level 107 at the Stratosphere.  This is a bar located on the 107 level of the hotel, with a beautiful view of the strip.  You can watch the sunset, get two-for-one martinis, and half price appetizers--PLUS you don't have to pay the tower fee of $16 per person.  This is my new favorite place in Vegas--you won't find a better view, or prices anywhere!

Happy Spring Break to all my MSU loves out there, and I hope everyone is having a Happy March!!!  Bring on Springtime!!! :)

My yummy Moroccan Mint tea from The Coffee Bean at the Detroit Airport (perfect for my sore throat/cold) 


Andy & I at Level 107 at the Stratosphere 


BOGO Free Johnny Walker at Happy Hour at Paris (beat it by 10 seconds--WIN!)

Decor at Bond, one of my favorite bars, in Cosmopolitan

Bond (at Cosmopolitan)

In front of the Bellagio Fountains



*****
And just a recap, here of been my outfit choices (again, sorry, no pictures)
--February 29: was sick and wore sweats all day

--March 1: Interview in the morning: Limited pants, NY&C suit jacket, Limited blouse, Simply Vera purple heels; Traveling: Forever 21 black/white striped blazer, PINK black tank, AE jeans, Coach boots, teal scarf borrowed from Georgette :)

--March 2: Victoria's Secret lace dress (I've been dying to buy this for months, check it out: http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265723967298&c=Page&cid=1327029228801&pagename=vsdWrapper), Simply Vera heels

--March 3: Rachel by Rachel Roy strapless dress, Gap black sweater, Target sandals (yes, it was warm enough to wear sandals!!!)

--March 4: Northface fleece, AE Jeans, Coach boots (lazy day)

--March 5: Bar III skirt (from Macy's), NY&C blouse, Gap sweater, Gap tights, Coach boots

--March 6: Gap silver-striped black sweater, AE jeans, Target sandals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...